In grand anticipation of 2015, and the potential it holds for taking healthcare marketing in hospitals and health systems to the next level, consider if you will some resolutions for 2015.
In the spirit of David Letterman here goes:
Top 10 Healthcare Marketing Resolutions for 2015
10. Focus on innovatively meeting the needs of the healthcare consumer. Through market research drive programmatic and service delivery changes
9. Learn from the healthcare retail giants like Walgreens, CVS Caremark and others. Healthcare continues to evolve into a semi-retail market and what has worked in the past won’t work anymore.
8. Marry price to outcomes and be transparent to the healthcare consumer. Provide and prove value.
7. Integrate traditional, online and social marketing strategies. All are complementary to one another and drive multiple successes.
5. Be a marketing thought leader- in the organization and to external peers.
4. Focus on marketing accountability, resource utilization efficiency and effectiveness. Use the data to demonstrate ROI. If it doesn’t work then stop doing it.
3. Stop using the words "unique", "state-of-the-art", and anything that is considered “buzz word" terminology in marketing communications. Unique can be duplicated easily. State-of-the-art refers to yesterday's systems as things change so fast. Buzz words quickly fall out of favor.
2. Bridge the divide between clinical, operations and marketing.
1. Serve and be humble, for working in healthcare is a privilege, not a right.
Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays and Happy New Year! Best wishes for a prosperous year in 2015.